Thursday, May 13, 2010

Farmers Market Visit

Me, Adriana, Karina, and Jocelyn went to the Chula Vista farmers market. The farmers market was very interesting.

What struck me about the location you visited? Was it what you expected, or very different?

What struckme about this location was that it was in a alley and there was many different people there. For me it was what I expected because I imagined it like little people with their tables full of food.

Which items were cheaper than you expected? Which were more expensive?

The cheapest items that i found was the small Strawberries, they were only 3.00 dollars. The most expensive item was the bigger Strawberries those Strawberries were 5.00 dollars. I thought that strawberries were gonna be more less cheaper, but they had a high price but that was the cheapest item that i found.

Do you think you will start going to a farmers market moree often?

Well maybe because the food is kind of expensive and there is not alot of food inthe farmers market.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you learned a lot from visiting the farmers market.I can relate to your experience because Cindy, Adriana, and i also visited the Chula Vista farmers market. I agree with the fact that you said there isnt a lot of food there because there wasn't. I had been to the farmers market before but i guess i hadn't realized how little produce they had. I noticed that they had a lot of other things like Flowers and home made things but only a few tables with fruits and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared,

    I liked it how you said that there were any different types of people at the market because it made me think about how many people, whatever race care about living more sustainable.

    Jared, I wanted to ask you how you really felt about the market, was there a different feeling

    Jadon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I liked how you said the price of the strawberry's and said what size they were and how the rise varies form the size. I also like how you described what you though the farmers market would be like and how it actually was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you actually took your time to notice and really look at the farmers market while we were there. i agree with you that while we were there, there wasn't much produce but they were other things like jewelery and stuff. This is probably why many people don't know or shop here, because its small and many people would want to buy all their food in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing before i went there. many times i had gone to farmers market in tj but i never notice how it looked i thought it was going to look like a small swap meet. jaja
    you sound like if you liked having that experience

    ReplyDelete
  6. What i liked about your blog post because you were very descriptive about the prices and you were descriptive about the size of the strawberries. Something that made me think was when you described your location it was in an alley i would have never thought it would be there. one thing that stood out was again the location.

    ReplyDelete