Friday, August 6, 2010

Icon Draft



It was 2004, July 27. A sunny day in the park called Crosby and my dad told me to "shoot son shoot". He was behind the goalie area. He once told that he wants me to be fulfill his dreams in becoming a professional soccer player. He wants me to play becuase he didn't have the chance of playing of becoming a professional soccer player. He was gonna play in a team in Mexico that was called Los Caneros De Zacatepec, but he didn't have the money to travel to Zacatepec were he was gonna play there. That team was really good back then. The manager offered him to pick his own jersey number, and he decided on the number 19. I still could not believe how good my dad was back then. It is my dream to become a professional soccer.


"Soccer!" I began playing that sport, but I sucked. So instead my dad Alejandro started training me to play the same position as him. The position that he played was defense. My dad told me to play in the same position as him because he said that it one of the most important positions that you can be in. I listened to my dad and so started playing as a defender even though I wanted to play as a forward so I can score some goals just like my cousin Rey Rebolledo. I thought that being a defender was easy to just play and kick the ball out of the goalie area, but no it wasn't simple to just kick the ball out of the area and give it to your teammate. It was hard because the defender had to stay with the player and try to take the ball away from them. After a few days that have pasted I wanted to figure out why my dad wanted me to play as the most important thing in the list the defender.


It was a cloudy but bright Wednesday and I had just woken up. I went to my parents room and my dad was watching television. My dad didn't go to work because he had the day of. I sat down and I told him that why do I have to play as a defender instead as a forward. My dad explained to me why he wants to me play as the last man in the team. We spent about 30 minutes about this discussion of me playing as a defender. He told me that he wants me to play the same position as him because he wants me to fulfill his dreams in becoming a great professional soccer player. I wondered what my dads dream was. I told him what was your dream. He told that I must fulfill his dreams in becoming a professional soccer player because he didn't have the chance to be one and that is why he wants me to play in that position.


I told him why he didn't have the chance to play in the Mexican league. He told me that he could not play because he did not have the money to travel to Zacatepec to play with the team called Los Caneros de Zacatepec. My dad said that in the past it was harder to get money then today. He told me that he had to work two jobs in one week just to get about 200 pesos. He said that the manager offered him any number that he wanted so he chose the number 19, but he told him that he needed about 12,000 pesos to travel to zacatepec and to get his uniform. He told me that he had to get the money by the next week Monday. My got another job just to get 12,000 pesos and begin his journey, but getting another job was not enough to get 12,000 pesos to begin his journey. My dad told me that without money or education then you cannot achieve in your goal/my goal. I started thinking about what my dad had told about education and money to travel. I was thinking this for three days on how to try focused on my grades. 


It was a nice Saturday. It was about to be 9:37 I woke up to go and play soccer with my team called Union Guerrero. I got ready for the game at 10:05. My dad took me to the park that they call 45th park. It was already 10:05 and the game had just began. I went in and a member gave the ball to me and I just heard "shoot son shoot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment